Saturday, September 12, 2009

Rebuilding the Foundations

Rebuilding the Foundations

Oh my afflicted people, tempest-tossed and troubled, I will rebuild you on a foundation of sapphires and make the walls of your houses from precious jewels. I will make your towers of sparkling agate, and your gates and walls of shining gems. Isaiah 54:ll-l2, LB Two of the big steps in my garden were broken apart and crumbling with age and weather. They were quite dangerous. For years we patched them up and cemented the stones together on the surface, but they soon broke down again. The builder came and looked. He broke them up completely, removing all the stones and cement and underneath were the roots of a holly tree. He cut out the roots, re-laid cleaned stones and pointed them leaving two lovely steps, safe and firmly in place for people to walk on. I could make everything look good by putting another perfect layer on top, but eventually what was below would push through to the surface causing more trouble and danger. We need to allow the Master builder to come and break up the faulty and shaky foundations and to rebuild our lives. He can rebuild us with the best and most beautiful materials there are and our foundations will be of precious stone. For Jesus is our Foundation Stone. He is Precious to those who believe. When he breaks us, it's hard to bear, but we need to be broken, in order for him to rebuild us in this wonderful way. Sometimes it may seem He is saying, ‘For a brief moment I abandoned you. But with great compassion I will will gather you' (Isaiah 54:7) and ‘For the mountains may depart and the hills disappear, but my kindness shall not leave you. My promise of peace for you will never be broken, says the Lord' (Isaiah 54:10). Many will look back and see how this tempest-tossed and troubled one, is growing into a strong, steady and fruitful child of God, whose walls and houses, made beautiful, may shelter, protect and encourage others on the way. Prayer: Spirit of the Living God, fall afresh on me. Break me, melt me, mould me, fill me. Spirit of the Living God, fall afresh on me. In Jesus' name. Amen. Today's Writer : Pam Smith Pam Smith has a background in art and nursing, has a son and two daughters and a 'ministry to grandchildren.' She has been a friend and helper of Ellel Ministries since l992, and is involved with Healing Through Creativity Courses. As writer of the Shepherd Love Series, she has a passion for the comfort and encouragement that leads people towards enjoying abundant Life in Jesus. Related Links Ellel 365 - Online Training School Shepherd Love - Book by Pam Smith

No comments: