Thursday, September 17, 2009

He Knows

He Knows

Every moment you know where I am. You know what I am going to say before I even say it. You both precede and follow me, and place your hand of blessing on my head. Psalm 139:4 & 5, LB Perhaps a little child comes to his father with so much to say but his daddy says, “I know, I understand”, and just takes his child and hugs him. The child enjoys his fathers' embrace and feels secure that his daddy knows everything. So it is with our Heavenly Father. We come to him with so much to say. Many prayer requests and needs cause us to be talkative and busy - but He knows what we're going to ask and what we need. He knows what we've come through. He knows how we've been hurt, or afraid. He knows our hopes and dreams for the future, our family, our church, our nation, our world. He also knows the pain of those who've never known the love of a natural father. He knows how to embrace them and restore that which was lost. He knows our joys, our pain, our desires and our victories. He knows when we've done well and when we've failed. If we've fallen He picks us up again. He knows the love we have in our hearts for Him. So when I come before Him I can be silent for a little while. I can be still because my Father knows. I can be reassured that although he knows all these things - the past, the present and the future - His love embraces me just the same. We love our children despite what we know about them. We love them so deeply it hurts and we pray God's hand of blessing on them. Let's use the words of this song by Kelly Carpenter as a prayer: Draw me close to you, never let me go - I lay it all down again, to hear You say that I'm your friend. You are my desire, no one else will do. There's nothing else to take your place - To feel the warmth of Your embrace. Help me find the way, Bring me back to You.

No comments: