Sunday, June 19, 2011

Yet I will rejoice in the Lord

18 June, 2011
Today's Free Devotional from Ellel Ministries International
Yet I will rejoice in the Lord

"Though the fig-tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will be joyful in God my Saviour. The Sovereign LORD is my strength; he makes my feet like the feet of a deer, he enables me to go on the heights."
Habbakuk 3:17-19, NIV

There are so many things that can happen to us that can make us feel sad and despair. Perhaps it’s news of a friend who has just been diagnosed with breast cancer; perhaps it’s news of an acquaintance who has been hit by a car on his way to work and is in intensive care fighting for his life. Or perhaps you have been diagnosed with a chronic disease.

Then there are the natural disasters such as earthquakes, floods, tsunamis and other things that you may have been involved in. Through all these things it all boils down to ‘who do we trust?” Where do we put our hope? If we put our hope in our good health, job, home or finances all these can be taken from us in an instant. We must look to the source of all hope, who is God our Father through Jesus His Son.

We can still rejoice in all circumstances if the hope of our salvation is in the Lord. That cannot be taken from us. Perhaps we have been looking at life’s circumstances instead of looking to the One who gives us hope, who is only good and who loves us so much.

Take time today to rejoice in the God of your salvation and give Him all your griefs to bear. Then your burden will be light.

Prayer: Heavenly Father, help me to trust in You more. Where I have taken my eyes from You and looked at the circumstances of life, I ask forgiveness. Lord, today I choose to rejoice in You and ask You to be my strength instead of trying to carry these burdens myself. Thank You, Jesus, that You carry my burdens and enable me to be lifted up in spirit. Amen.

Today's Writer : Diane Watson Diane Watson is the Centre Director of Ellel Springhill (Perth, Australia). Her husband, Paul, is the Regional Director for Australia Pacific and India. They have 4 adult children and 3 grandchildren. Diane had the vision for the first Australian Ellel Centre at Gilbulla and was its Centre Director for the first five years.

No comments: