Saturday, December 26, 2009

Waiting in Hope!

Waiting in Hope!

But as for me, I watch in hope for the Lord, I wait for God my Saviour; my God will hear me.

Micah 7:7, NIV
When I was a child, Christmas Day was the most exciting day of the year. My brother and I would wait in great expectancy for Christmas morning. But it wasn’t just us who were excited. Mum and Dad were just as excited as they watched with great pleasure and joy at our reactions when the annual pillow-case was opened long before dawn. I can remember even now some of the childhood gifts that made the greatest impact on me!

For hundreds of years God’s people had hung on to the promises of the prophets. One day they knew there would be an astonishing event that would transform the world, when God himself would fulfil the expectations of the waiting people and their Messiah, God their Saviour as Micah described Him, would come.

But as the centuries rolled by and the people of God went through times of great distress, you can understand their constant questioning of God as to when it was all going to happen. But each time one of God’s prophets spoke out what was on the heart of God, it seemed as though the promised coming of the Messiah was still on God’s agenda. And that was what Micah was saying in our verse for today – ‘I watch in hope for the Lord, I wait for God my Saviour.’ He’s still coming!

Just as children feel that Christmas will never come, but eventually it does. God’s people thought Messiah would never come, but then He suddenly did. We have so much to rejoice in and give thanks to God for. Sadly, most of the Jewish peoples didn’t recognise Him when he came. But today we are seeing a new day dawning, with more and more Jewish Messianic believers joining with the Gentile believers and together worshipping our Saviour, who is Christ the Lord.

I pray that this Christmas will be a time of great rejoicing for you and your family as you look to the One who is Saviour and Redeemer – the one who opened up the way for all God’s children to enter once again into relationship with Father God. Just as my parents rejoiced at how we loved our presents – Father God rejoices when we welcome His Son – the greatest gift the world has ever known!

Unto Us

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE

"…"For unto us a child is born, unto us a Son is given; and the government will be upon His shoulder…"
(Isaiah 9:6a)

TODAY'S WORD from Joel and Victoria

When Jesus came to the earth, He brought with Him everything you need to be empowered to live a life of victory. He came as a little baby, but He represented all authority in heaven and earth. When you choose to serve Him, you have access to all of His resources. You have access to His peace, power, authority, provision, joy, and strength. He brought all of this to us when He came to earth. Unto us a child is born…unto us victory is given. Unto us peace is given. Unto us provision is given. Unto us hope and healing are given. Unto us eternal life is given!

Whatever you need today, remember, when Jesus came into the world, He made a way for every one of your needs to be met spiritually, emotionally, and physically. Surrender your life to Him and receive all the spiritual blessings He has in store for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

"Father in heaven, thank You for sending Your Son, Jesus so that I could be free to live an abundant life in You. Fill me with the revelation of Your love and everything that You have for me. In Jesus' Name. Amen."

No comments: